Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Letter to my Future Husband


This was an assignment in my singles bible study so I thought I would share it. For some people this may be a difficult assignment, but writing is how I express myself. I write letters (yes, old fashioned hand-written letters) for the people I care about so this flowed pretty easily. I highly recommend giving this a shot if you are single. If you are married, try writing your husband a letter reminding him why you love him or what you admire about him. 


Dear Future Husband,
I am writing to you because I want you to get to know me… the single me.
I cling to the word of God, it is my anchor. I am not perfect; in fact I am pretty much the opposite. I mess up a lot.  I am a neat freak. I do laundry every two days so that the loads stay small (plus I hate seeing laundry in the dirty clothes basket). I like dogs more than cats. I keep at least two books in my purse at all times. I really don't like being cold. I like to move, and I like to move often. New places are exciting. I am not a very good cook now, but I promise that I will be better by the time we get married.
I am learning about biblical femininity and the roles of husband and wives. I am no Proverbs 31 woman yet but I am a work in progress. I will get there. I honestly never thought I would want a husband. I am not the girl that grew up dreaming of a wedding with a big white dress. I am not that girl that planned on having prince charming. I planned to live life all by myself. But God had something else in mind for me. He has placed the call on my heart to be married and to raise a family with biblical values. 
God has called you to do great things. I will support you 100%. We will not always agree and I will not always understand your line of thought, but I will submit to your authority as the head of our household. I cannot wait to follow God’s plan for my life walking at your side.
I know that you are human and I know that you will make mistakes. I will love you anyways, I promise. 
Know that I am praying for you every day,
Morgan 

5 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. I have also wrote one of these a few weeks ago because I felt God was calling me to intercede for my future husband. Thank you for inspiring me through your blog. God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful letter! I pray you find the perfect man for you...he will not be perfect, but in love, he will be perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through Spiritual Sundays. I applaud you! Stay pure, and God will lead you to him, even though it may seem like a long wait. My daughter has been married 9 years, her friend will be married October 12. She wondered if God would ever send him, but now she is only a few weeks away. I have just begun to blog, and am seeing things I want to include on mine. Gram @ http://ccrdiner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Your honesty and openness will make you a great wife. I pray that God will send you a husband soon and that he will be prepared for you and you for him. Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your future husband dozed off after the second paragraph. Lighten up and have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan