Friday, July 20, 2012

My Team


I have mentioned my team members in a couple of articles. I come from a colorful background. My past leaves me with a less than desirable support system. Proverbs 1:5 says, “A wise man will hear and increase in learning, and a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel.” Because of this I have collected a group of people to advise and guide me as I make important decisions in my life. My team members consist of:

My sister-  My shining star, often the brightest part of my day; she reminds me to smile and laugh, to slow down and enjoy what I am doing.

Mrs. S-  A truly magnanimous, caring woman who gently instructs me in the ways of homemaking (in the beginning without me even knowing it!)

Katie F-  A young professional able to flawlessly balance intelligence and professional ambition with femininity and grace.

Katie D- A longtime friend and true southern belle who supports and uplifts, when I don’t even know I need it.

Mrs. F- A down-to-earth, no-none-sense woman with a large family of her own who takes the time to show me the balance between strength and femininity while guiding me through my walk with Christ. She is the woman who pushes me when I need it the most.

Kerrie- A silent supporter I just recently found out has been cheering me on for much longer than I was aware of; an encouraging friend, who has been praying for me for years,

Kerri- A Christian counselor who helps me work to get past new wounds and old scars.

I have discovered that having a team is vital. I tried for a very long time to do the lone ranger thing. Do you know what that got me? Frustration and loneliness.  The Bible specifically says that we are not meant to exist alone. Proverbs 11:14 says that, “Where there is no guidance, the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.” To these women I am not a mistake, a failure, or unlovable. I have to trust these women, as I let them into my life. These women then push me and guide me each in their own unique ways. They help to ensure that I grow into the woman that I am capable of being.

Sometimes listening to my counsel is difficult. My team members do not always have things to say that I want to hear. But Proverbs 19:20 says, “Listen to counsel and accept discipline, that you may be wise the rest of your days.” I am thankful for their love and correction as I grow in my walk with Christ. Now it is my turn to help other women grow in their walks with Christ as my team has helped me. This is the basic element of Christ’s message: to disciple one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan