Monday, October 29, 2012

The Love of a Cat

Charles Dickens said, “What greater gift than the love of a cat.” In my house we have more than enough love at the moment. My roommate has a cat named Pangur Ban who unexpectedly had a litter of kittens.

I am now living with six cats: 

Panguer Ban (the mom) 
Panguer 2.0 (looks just like mom) 
Grimalkin (a recent rescue a little older than the other four) 
Nox (all black) 
Lumos (all white)  
and the runt of the litter. 

Let me tell you, there is plenty of love. From the very beginning I have been trying to find homes for each of the kittens. I made it very clear that I am not crazy about living with animals and that I don't want them in the house.


We have found homes for all of the kittens (when they are weened) except one.The runt of the litter is the only girl. She had to be bottle fed the first three weeks because she wasn't nursing with her mom. She is smaller than all the others and she isn't particularly cute like the others. People that come and look at the kittens aren't interested in her because she isn't as playful as her siblings. No one wants her.

Except me.

She is a little fighter. She doesn't let the others push her around despite the fact that she is the littlest. She is very vocal and comes out swinging. She doesn't like people and hisses when they pick her up, but she will spend an entire afternoon in my arms while I work. She likes to sleep on my chest. When I come home from work I find her on my pillow, waiting for me. She is different and kind of an acquired taste but then again, so am I.


Meet Andromache (Andee for short) my little fighter. 

9 comments:

  1. She is just precious! I have a cat whose mother abandoned her in my mechanic's junkyard. I was lucky enough to be picking up my car that day and the guys asked me to take her home. She was tiny, maybe 2 weeks old. I was 17. I had a great time learning to bottle feed her and I was lucky to have my mom around to help. We called her Abercrombie, but took to the nickname Gato pretty quickly. Many people thought we had 2 cats, Gato & Abercrombie!
    She turned 9 this year, and she is my second-best friend (second to my husband!) and I still enjoy her just as much as I did hearing those first tiny, adorable cries. You won't regret showing love and compassion to this little darling. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE kittens!!! :) Yours is adorable!!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! A little over a year ago we rescued a cat who ended up having kittens. I spent a lot of time with the kittens. When it was time to find homes, I was too attached to two kitten to let them go. They have been two of the MOST amazing cats I have ever owned, and I contribute a big part of that to the fact I've raised them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our household had kittens twice. The first four weeks are fun . . . and then it is nice to find homes for them. We kept the runt of the second litter and he turned out to be a great mouser--and companion for the mama cat. Love the picture of your kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love kittens, but am not as crazy about grown up cats. I guess I'm more of a dog person, but your kitty is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww....she's so cute! About 2 years ago we had a kitten just walk her way into our lives, and she has now become such a part of the family that it's hard to remember a time without her!

    Dropping by from the Weekend Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet. Thank you for sharing your love with the little kitty and with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post. I have to admit, I am a big animal fan (we have a dog and a cat right now), and I always choose the runt of the litter if possible. My sweet Chloe cat came to us at 1 1/4 pounds. Full of sass, with a polka-dotted belly. She is 14 this year. And it's been a match made in Heaven. Thank you for sharing. And for linking up with NOBH! Smiles -

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan