Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rec Room Fun

I don't normally write posts like this but I just couldn't resist. Yesterday my kids and I had a craft day. We made decorations for the new play room. We recently revamped the unused wine cellar in their home to be a toy room. It is the perfect room aside from the fact that it is a little boring, so we decided to spice it up. I wish I had thought to take pictures of the room before hand but since I didn't you will have to use your imagination.

 
They were SO excited to start our craft!



We made trash bag smocks to help minimize mess and clean up. 

 These are the supplies we needed for this project. 


The Paint! I gave a little less to Bill simply because he likes to paint on EVERYTHING. 



These are the kiddos working diligently! 
I think Bill is a lefty, and that makes me happy since I am a lefty as well. 


We used beads to make hanging the letters more fun, plus it is a great way to test the kids motor skills and dexterity. 



 Beth and Mark got to put the bead on the strings by themselves.Bill picked out the beads and handed them to me and I put them on the string for him.



This is the inside of the toy room. We are going to add the kids art projects from school to the walls later this week. And we may also add posters. The kids will love getting to decortate! 



 The final product. We had a blast!


3 comments:

  1. How fun! The hanging letters are adorable. I found you at Thrive @ Home Thursday, and I'm looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love bringing my kids into things with me! Found you through She reads truth. come meet my gang. www.make-something-beautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like the kiddos had a great time! that's cool that you let them help with the decorating - precious children, you are a woman blessed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan