Monday, May 10, 2021

Title Tuesday: A Curse so Dark and Lonely

I have to confess, I LOVE fairytales, mythology, and folklore.

So naturally when I heard A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer was a retelling of beauty and the beast I had to check it out.

Let me start by saying that I LOVED parts of this book. I thought the twist on the beast was phenomenal. And the enchantress? Oh my goodness what a great villain.

The characters are dynamic and interesting.

*I LOVE that this book contains a protagonist that has what many would call a “handicap”. I also love that they address it and it is mentioned throughout the book. I think that makes Harper one of my top ten favorite female characters.

*I do have to say that I detest Prince Rhen. He is a lying, scheming, jerk if you ask me. I really can’t stand his lack of character in most instances. I don’t feel like he had any real growth through this book. I’m hoping that will change in the next book in the series.

*And can I just say that I ADORE Commander Grey? He reminds me of other stand-by-your-man sidekicks in literature like Samwise Gamgee, Murtagh Fitzgibbons, and Peta Mellark. I hope to read a lot more of him in the next book.

The reason that I only gave it three stars is because I had the HARDEST time getting into the story. It took me over a month to finish this book. I think that was largely due to the fact that I just really don’t like Rhen. #sorrynotsorry


Are you an author looking to have your book reviewed on @goodreads and @amazon?
Send me a DM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan