Monday, July 26, 2021

Title Tuesday: Flight Girls

 Welcome to  Title Tuesday, my favorite day of the week. This day is dedicated to book suggestions, news, cartoons, and reviews. Let's jump in!
I just finished flight girls by Noelle Salazar (@noelleasalazar in IG)  and let me tell you this one got me.

*Just a quick recap this is a story about a young woman pilot and the trials that she went through before and during WWII. I don’t want to give anything away but I can say that this is not the woman waiting patiently and canning while her man serves book. It is SO much more than that! *

I listened to the audiobook while I was driving across the country with my family.

I found myself slinging snacks at my kids and letting them have extra screen time so I that I could finish the next chapter. Yes, it is that good.

At first, I thought I had the story figured out, but there is a curveball thrown in that made me completely miss the mark. That is unusual for me with historical fiction.

Overall I just have to give this book a solid A+, 5 stars, and a hearty recommendation. You need this story in your life, ASAP.

⚠️A sole note of caution ⚠️
As a military spouse, I am VERY careful about the books I read and the movies I watch. There are times in deployments and TDYs that you just CANNOT think about the dangers and risks or you will go absolutely crazy. If you struggle with PTSD or anxiety while your service member (or yourself) is deployed, then this might not be the book to read right now.


Are you an author looking to have your book reviewed on @goodreads and @amazon?
Send me a DM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan