Monday, August 16, 2021

Title Tuesday: The Personal Librarian

Ok, so I have to be honest at the start. 
I am a serious @authormariebenedict fan. I have read everything that she has published and I wait for her next novel with more anticipation than I care to admit.

Now she has introduced me to another phenomenal author with whom I now am completely obsessed @victoriachristophermurray.

Their handling of the story of Belle da Costa Greene was masterful.

If you don’t know who that is, she was J. P. Morgan’s personal librarian.

I don’t want want to give anything away but let me tell you, the trials that she faces are unbelievable.

She has an incredible story arc that contains topics on racial issues in a pre-Jim Crow world, women’s issues, abortion, the right to vote, and of course dealing with Mr. J. P. Morgan himself.

I give this book a solid 5 stars but I also want to offer a very specific caveat. If you are or have struggled with infertility or miscarriage you may want to tread lightly where some of the subject matter is concerned.


Are you an author looking to have your book reviewed on @goodreads and @amazon?
Send me a DM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan