Monday, September 27, 2021

Title Tuesday: Lovely War


Every once in a while a book comes along that is SO good that you skip meals and forgo sleep to know what happens next.

Despite having four small children, homeschooling, and all the craziness that is life in a pandemic I skipped meals and lost sleep.

Lovely War by Julie Berry is incredible.

The book tackles #racism, women’s issues, #WWI and is told by Greek Gods without being corny.

I BAWLED during parts of this book like big ugly cried.

I fell in love with the characters, and my heart broke for them.

I don’t care what kind of books that you like, you need to read this one.

If I could give it more than 5 stars I would.

⚠️A sole note of caution ⚠️
As a military spouse, I am VERY careful about the books I read and the movies I watch. There are times in deployments and TDYs that you just CANNOT think about the dangers and risks or you will go absolutely crazy. If you struggle with PTSD or anxiety while your service member (or yourself) is deployed, then this might not be the book to read right now.


Are you an author looking to have your book reviewed on @goodreads and @amazon?
Send me a DM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan