Monday, September 20, 2021

Title Tuesday: My Dear Hamilton

So I am a massive @hamiltonmusical fan.

When I found out that the inspiration for My Dear Hamilton by @stephanie.dray and @laurakamoie was based on the authors’ viewing of the musical I knew I had to read it.

Let me tell you, @stephanie.dray and @laurakamoie did NOT disappoint. (Please tell me y’all are working on another book soon?!?!)

Their interpretation of how Elizabeth walked through life as the wife of one of the most influential men in American history was just AMAZING.

Of course, as I was reading I was imagining @phillipasoo and @reneeelisegoldsberry doing all of the talking between Eliza and Angelica and that was just heart-wrenching.

Also, can I just say that as a person that majored in history I LOVE the end portion where the authors talked about who, where, and why they researched in order to make the book as historically accurate as possible?

If you are a Hamilton fan you should read this one. Parts had me laughing, a LOT of parts had me bawling, but the story as a whole is so well written that you get lost in the birth of our nation through the eyes of a woman that lived it.

Are you an author looking to have your book reviewed on @goodreads and @amazon?
Send me a DM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan