Monday, October 18, 2021

Title Tuesday: Circe

This… book…. Wow.

I know I am late to the game on this book but good grief Circe by @madeline.e.miller was good.

I read a couple of reviews that said it was dry and I have to think those are the same people that look at a sunrise and go “meh”.

I loved the inter-connectivity between the different Greek myths. I loved the descriptions of basic and every day things.

When the beings were turned (if you’ve read it then you know) I was 100% on Circe’s side.

I loved the delicate dance that Circe walked between being a God but loving mortal things. I loved her dedication to certain key characters.

I can say I wasn’t surprised by the ending since if read Telegony but the creativity used to blend the story together was just phenomenal.

If you are into Greek Mythology (or mythology at all) this is a great read! You can find it here!

*A caveat, as always I want to provide book reviews that help protect the hearts of people that may be struggling. If you have dealt with:

-infant loss
-infidelity
-sexual assault
you should know that these are components of the story and you may want to tread lightly rather than delving in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan