Monday, October 25, 2021

Title Tuesday: The Selection


We have been on a family vacation to the beach. Since we drove from Philadelphia to North Carolina I wanted some intellectual junk food for the drive.

This book series was recommended to me by FOUR different people and it was a perfect choice.

The Selection by Kyra Cass is a wild ride y’all.

Since this is book number one in the series I want to be careful about giving too much away. I am at the end of the third book now after all the driving…and I’m not quite sure how I feel about the series as a whole so let’s just look at book one for now.

I loved the main character, America, from the start. She is bright, enthusiastic, determined, relatable, and most importantly she is herself.

I found myself rooting for her throughout the book as she tries to work her way through life as one of 35 women vying for a prince’s heart.

I found myself thinking that this is a bit like Miss Congeniality mixed with The Hunger Games and 10 Things I Hate About You… all at the same time.

This book is NOT a deep or complex read, but it is fun (and I love series) so of course, I’m going to finish them all.


Are you an author looking to have your book reviewed on @goodreads and @amazon?
Send me a DM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan