Monday, November 15, 2021

Title Tuesday: The Heir

The Heir is the first of two books that tells the story of what happens after the happily ever after in America’s story in the #selectionseries.

****spoilers ahead if you haven’t finished the first three books******

This book is all about America’s daughter, Eadlyn the first female ruler to hold a selection.

I have to be honest. I wanted to like this book purely from the aspect of equality. The fact that an author had the guts to make the Cinderella-meets-HungerGames-while-watching-the-bachelor thing apply to men just like women.

So in that frame of mind, I kept reading even where there were obvious issues.

I really dislike the whitewashing that America and Maxon. They had such great character development in the first three books. They were dynamic and bright. It felt like the author had to dull them down to make Eadlyn interesting.

Just not super impressive.

This book is NOT a deep or complex read, but it is light (and I love series) so of course, I’m going to finish them all!

Are you an author looking to have your book reviewed on @goodreads and @amazon?
Send me a DM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out The Forgiven Former Feminist. I welcome your thoughts and comments! Please keep in mind that this is a Christian blog. Any lewd or inappropriate comments will be deleted.

Thanks!
Morgan